Interested in joining our team? We are always looking to meet interesting minds, creative souls, people persons and financial wizards. Contact us!
The Construction Manager will be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project control while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. This role will oversee CGI construction projects including, but not limited to, ground up construction, rehabilitation of existing buildings, capital expenditures, and ongoing maintenance of CGI’s portfolio.
- Investigating proposed sites prior to acquisition to identify potential risks and to assess the likely costs of construction.
- Perform project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Devise the project workload, subs and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Develop the objectives/goals and scope of work of each sub and individual responsibilities.
- Obtain permits from the relevant city authorities and ensure compliance with their regulations and requirements.
- Ensure project documents (insurance, contracts, etc.) are complete and legally binding.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, project schedule, quality and safety standards.
- Monitor and coordinate the progress of the construction activities daily and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams and ownership.
- Verify contractor’s applications for payment to ensure that estimates of work are accurate.
- Provide project status reviews to corporate on contractors’ performance, budget vs. actual, change orders required and other key issues.
- 5 years of experience in construction management of multi-family, mixed-use properties in the Los Angeles area
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (i.e. Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management)
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering construction documents
- Ability to run multiple projects
- Must be able to operate in a deadline driven environment while maintaining a strict attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Well organized with the ability to run a clean site
Email your updated resume to Megan Kelly, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org